fantastic way to review the year from google - wicked!
Archive for December, 2010
as 2011 approaches astrologers seek to predict the future by analyzing the horoscopes hidden amidst the planets and stars - despite the saying that, "the astrologers lied, even if their predictions proved to be right", many people are eager to read their horoscope to find out what the year promises in terms of career, health and romance according to their zodiac signs.
maguy farah talked about her predictions for 2011 yesterday and described the year as "a year of stunning risks," explaining that gemini, sagittarius and virgo carry the luckiest horoscopes, with virgo seeing rising fortunes.
• for aries, maguy predicts "will witness changes, surprises and events that will startle him, leading him to change all his habits"
• for taurus, maguy predicts that 2011 will be "a year of positive developments and the second half of it will be better than the first half"
• for gemini, maguy says, "2011 will be a year of liberation and progress, and it is the most fortunate sign, as it will see compensation for the painful past seven years"
• for cancer, maguy notes the year ahead will be one of "major challenges and radical changes in the field of work"
• maguy believes leo is headed for a year of "excellence and creativity, and the first five months seem best, for he will delve into new fields and move to more glamorous places"
• maguy holds that virgo will leave behind the pain of the past seven years and "receive huge offers between july and september".
• for libra, maguy says, will "face sudden reversals and diverse, unique experiences, he will deal with choices imposed by circumstances against his will"
• maguy says for scorpio, 2011 is "a year of stability and strong relationships" in which "many sudden changes in his favour" will occur
• for sagittarius, maguy describes a "year of achievements," in which he will "open new pages and a sweet surprise, and venture into diverse and distinctive fields"
• according to maguy, capricorn faces "a year of confusing experiences, benefits and obstacles, and many complications", she advises capricorns to "be deliberate and careful to ensure safety"
• maguy said aquarius faces a year of "renewal and resolution" in which "the stars support him and his intuition serves him in getting out of a predicament in a timely manner"
• for pisces, maguy describes a "year of profits, projects and money", she said, "on june 4th, he will move on from his work or move on to something new, entering the arena with courage and determination" - also for pisces, "jupiter holds opportunities and surprises he has not known before"
that's all from maguy, 965malls wishes you a prosperous and healthy 2011 regardless of all predictions and horoscopes.
according to the national, there are uncertainties over the completion of the avenues' phase 4 - the news had a direct impact over the mabanee share price which dropped yesterday by 1.2% at the KSE.
with phase 4 completed, inchallah, the avenues will eventually have 357,000 square metres of gross leasable area, slightly larger than emaar's dubai mall - so let's hope phase 4 will get the funding and the regulations done soon, it's a real pity not to see the whole project materialize!
according to arab times and alshahed daily, an angry kuwaiti man walked into the jahra police station and, what is believed to the first incident of its kind in kuwait, narrated a very strange incident also the first of its kind, and threatened to kill his neighbor saying the man has an ‘evil’ eye and has caused him many unsustainable problems, he also sought police help to prevent him committing the crime - the man added he renovated his house and it caught fire, he went on to say he bought a new car for his son and the engine gave way and then his wife gave birth to twins and they died.
police could do nothing but still they summoned the neighbor and narrated the story - he denied the charge and said all that he can do now is every time he sees the neighbor he will say ‘Allah bless you’ - the problem was solved amicably.
for those who are familiar with gemmayzé's café or "ahwit le2jez", a farewell concert is organized on jan 5 to celebrate the last sip of coffee at this historical place - café gemmayzé has been there for as long as i can remember and it is a pity to see it fall victim of real estate developers who are destroying beirut's heritage one building at a time - a beautiful gesture from the "save beirut heritage" organization and an equally great poster! if you happen to be in beirut i encourage you to pay farewell to "ahwit le2jez", i know i will..
you’ve heard that high cholesterol, obesity or high blood pressure can cause a stroke, now you can add gory scenes to the list!
according to alwatan Arabic daily, two asian expats engaged in a “shaving knives fight” in one of Kuwait city malls – one of the asians suffered a deep cheek cut whereas the other guy only walked out with a black eye – but the commotion did not end here, one of the asian’s girlfriends couldn’t deal with the gory scene and had a severe brain stroke after which she was admitted to the hospital – as for the 2 asians, they were treated in the mall by the paramedics.
I spotted this funny little book at ABC’s virgin that talks about the underbelly of beirut, its past and present, its myths and truths, its quirkiest facts and artifacts from phoenicians to romans, to plain old bizarre and ridiculous!
some facts are hilariously illustrated like on p170 that talks about the one thing most lebanese can agree on: the summer is for making money, especially out of their brethren from the arabian gulf…
another lebanese cherished myth is that you can ski in the morning and swim in the afternoon - unless you're raised in the north pole you wouldn't want to dive in the freezing spring sea!