if you want to get rid of facebook timeline, here's a quick and simple way that will get you there:
- visit www.timelineremove.com and scroll down until you reach "select your browser download"
- click the icon of your favorite browser, after that your will be asked if you want to download the extension, click on continue
- then confirm the extension window by clicking "add"
- an icon will appear on the top right corner (see below), check the status by clicking on that icon
- close your browser and start it again
- login to your facebook account, if you still see timeline, click on the icon on step 4 and then click X, it will change to green
- refresh your browser and timeline will disappear, your old facebook page will be back online
hope the above helps, meanwhile the worse has just happened... we're starting to get used to timeline, moving from hating it, to not liking it!