following harlem shake, a new craze is invading youtube called "goat edition" - take any song, slap a goat's scream at the right place and you've got yourself a "goat edition" - the above is taylor swift's "trouble goat edition" and below justin bieber's "baby goat edition."
adele got her share of goat screaming too...
but i guess the stupidest one is "harlem shake's goat edition" below, it ranks as number 1 in my opinion!
not sure why stupidity is invading the new generation, don't they have anything better to do?
i've always loved etiquette and good manners - in fact when i was young i used to read a lot on the subject and practiced at home just for the fun of it - while searching the web for schools of etiquette in kuwait and stumbled upon this beautiful school called acanthe - i loved their website, it's quite neat and fancy, but what i also liked is the content, like this etiquette quiz where you can test your knowledge on the subject - quite interesting, not too hard, i got an 8/10 - so if you have a couple of minutes, take that quiz and learn a couple of things about etiquette by clicking here.
i wish they had more of these so i could practice :) i pressed on the link this morning and i got different questions, so i guess this solves my wish :)
i've seen long dishdashas, i've seen short ones, i've seen white ones, gray, black or with stripes... but i've never seen such a dishdasha in my life, one with short and tight sleeves!
we were at naranj over the weekend and a couple of guys were having lunch on the opposite table - at first, i thought the guy was wearing a t-shirt, but looking closely i discovered that unique design - i guess he must have customized it as this is the first time i see such a dishdasha, but i found it cute, i mean why not a red dishdasha, green, blue or yellow?
though pizza inn is all about pizza, it is one of the very rare places where you can find corn dogs, i mean real good corn dogs - corn dog is a hot dog sausage coated in a thick layer of cornmealbatter and deep fried in oil, though some are also baked - anyways, pizza inn's corn dogs are really good, and with a sticker price of 650 fils i found them quite cheap - pizza inn is located in salmiya before alfanar mall, between johnny rockets and subway, if you are in the vicinity do pass buy and try them, you won't regret.
i was in the office the other day and someone walks in with a big box of funny mobile cases - i took some shots for the ones i found really different, it is not my taste at all and i would never buy such cases, but some people would so here's a few samples - the above is a hello kitty case, tailored for females i guess.
this is stitch, from lilo & stitch, minus the ears :)
a wide range is never complete without a romantic touch, with this pearly heart.
and as usual i saved the best for last, not sure what this is but it looks like a chandelier, with pearly bag stuck on it! not sure how practical that case is, it sure scores 00 on practicality..
when i was a kid, we used to go to school by bus and i for as long as i can remember, my mom used to always ask me to be aware of bus drivers, especially if i am alone - i never knew the reason behind her constant reminders, and i always wondered, rightfully as an innocent child, what will that driver do to me?
when i grew up, i understood her motives, and reading this story on arabtimes online made me really sick! it's about this bus driver who basically forced a 6-year-old child to perform oral sex at the parking lot of a private school in jleeb alshuyoukh - the kid returned home and obviously skipped dinner, when his parents interrogated him he confessed.
how can someone do this to a 6-year-old child? how can someone deprive a child of his innocence in such a horrible way? i don't want to pinpoint or blame anyone, maybe the mother did her job and alerted her child, but for those who take this lightly, i invite them to be very careful and to inform their children of the presence of such monsters - nothing is safe!
why do i have a feeling that this week's posts are going to be all about numbers? a couple of days ago it was the 80-20 rule, and today's post says 40-41! are we out of ideas!!
anyways, a friend of mine went to centerpoint to buy a pair of shoes, she wanted something light and soft so she picked up the above which was what she wanted - when she reached home and tried both shoes, she realized that one fits perfectly well whilst the other was quite tight - to her surprise, the pair of shoes had different size, one was a 40 and the other one a 41!
she went back to centerpoint and they happily exchanged the pair of shoes, but that was funny! imagine there might be another woman out there wearing the other odd pair of shoes!
a friend told me an interesting story about this illegal taxi drivers' gang at kuwait airport and i think it is worth sharing so you be aware of these guys.
my friend was in singapore for a few days, on his way back he decides not to bother his wife and rather call for a cab to head home - upon arrival, and as he walked out of the airport mall, someone whispers in his ear "taxi?" - it was late night and my friend was tired so he nodded and followed the guy, but when the latter headed down the tunnel to call the elevator my friend got suspicious! he confronts the guy and then walks out quickly to call an official airport taxi from the bridge line-up.
according to the official airport taxi driver who dropped him home, an illegal mafia has infiltrated the airport which basically picks up customers as they walk out and mainly targets expats & foreigners visiting kuwait as they are easy preys for their devious schemes - one such victim was a qatari man who was dropped at the marina crescent hotel, given an official receipt and charged 35 kd for the trip! (mind you the official rate card is kd 6) when the qatari guest realized that he had forgotten his camera in the cab, he went back to the airport to claim it from the lost & found but soon realized the scam when the officials told him the cab driver was illegal.
another incident happened with an american guy who got charged around 150$ for a trip to farwaniya, and the list goes on...
these guys seem to have their way inside the airport and so far they act as untouchables - so beware of these crooks and make sure you call for official taxis, they basically wait outside the airport.
there's a common rule of thumb in business that says 80% of your sales come from 20% of your clients - this is taken from the pareto principle that says that roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes.
if we apply this principle to the reckless driving of these irresponsible bikers, we can safely project that 80% of their chance to live or die depends on 20% of the kind accident they will have.
if we analyze this a bit more, we can also conclude that 80% of the damage, will be defined by where the accident is likely to happen - so if these guys are driving on a deserted inner street, 80% of his damage will be caused by the impact of their bodies on the asphalt - but if the accident happens on a busy main road, like the one to salwa after plagat, then there's 80% chance that the damage will be caused by the impact of their bodies on the asphalt, followed by the run-over of a speeding car!
now can these guys do the math? if they really want to drive this recklessly, at least let them go crazy on some inner road where traffic is slow and where the chance to be hit by a speeding car is rather remote.
every year nbk picks a theme and works the walkathon around it - this year is quite special as nbk decided to leave the cause open for the participant to decide why he/she is walking, and for that matter, they have created this lovely campaign showing people's testimonials describing each person's cause - so whatever your cause is, you can take part this year and make the theme your own.
registration center is now open in the vicinity of the scientific center, there are various categories and many prizes to be won including 2 cars - the event will be held n march 23rd, so there's plenty of time to pick your theme and enroll.
we haven't decided on a cause yet, we though of mall security but that's a bit cheesy - any ideas?
our number one indian restaurant and by far, is mughal mahal - we've tried most of the good, the bad and the ugly, but the uncontested champion remains in our opinion, mughal mahal..
we often go there, like once ever 2 months, and every time we visit the food is consistently good - this time i even tried the mango chutney, it's those hot chilly stuff they serve you with papadum, i must say i was fuming but they were good :)
the things we love most at mughal are maah ki dal, whole black lentil cooked slowly with chopped onions and tomato, they are out of this world! personally, i'm loving lately aloo mattar, a vegetarian dish with potato and green peas curry, it is simply delicious! the kids' favorite is paneer makhni, slices of cottage cheese cooked in tomato and butter sauce - a round of kati kabab roll is a must at mughal, and this time around we tried iranian kabab in an indian restaurant in kuwait, quite intriguing!
a new item on our list was the murg nizami korma, tender pieces of boneless chicken simmered in cashew nut and almond sauce, exquisite!!
the indian receptionist is a constant figure at mughal mahal and without him the restaurant wouldn't be the same - we love to visit the sharq restaurant just to see him - so if you're in the mood for indian food, mughal mahal still rocks, do visit it again and try some new stuff, it's worth the adventure :)
for those who have been following the harlem shake craze, here's one from kuwait and specifically from the first mall to do this, marina mall - it's not that crazy, but way to go marina mall for doing this, be it your initiative or a simple endorsement.