more on that blind radar at kuwait airport, it seems that we all have to join our prayers for the next 4 days and hope that the mighty lord spares kuwait a disaster in the making.
according to alqabas daily, page 5 of yesterday’s issue, kuwait airport has entered a critical & dangerous phase in the next 4 days, as 2 planes can collide at any given moment due to some maintenance work on the main radar with a total reliance on the spare blind radar (FPS)! a recipe for certain failure.
however, things are getting even worse as a group of air controllers refused to work on this radar and basically informed their superiors that they cannot assume any responsibilities in case of an accident.
needless to remind you of the radar’s defects, but here they are again translated to the best of my knowledge:
- objects suddenly disappear from the screen
- sudden appearance of virtual objects disturbing the air controller’s concentration
- no early detection alarm system
- screen is far from headphones & speaker
- screen still shows old navigation points of reference that have changed with time
- landing line is inaccurate
- air map is incorrect
- small screen in comparison to international standards
sources confirm that working in such conditions is considered to be a crime under international laws & regulations - pray with us guys, and avoid traveling in the next four days - kuwait needs a serious miracle as the authorities are simply turning a blind eye n this matter, quite like our radar!
picture courtesy of alqabas daily.